In India brand name can be registered under the Trademark Law which provides for trademark registration. The various steps involved in registering a trademark are:
- Searching for a unique and distinctive brand name;
- Filing trademark application in the relevant class (es) with the Registry- which can be done manually at the appropriate Trademark Office or can be filed online at https://ipindiaonline.gov.in/trademarkefiling/user/frmlogin.aspx .
- Prosecution of trademark application and meeting of objections raised by the Registry i.e. examination of trademark application;
- Publication of Trademark Application in the Trademark Journal;
- If no opposition is filed within the stipulated period then mark is registered;
- Registered trademark is to be renewed in every 10 years;
For further information on how to register a brand name in India, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org